There are more than 2,000,000 patients with kidney failure in the India. Every year, in India, there are 1,00,000 new patients with end-stage renal failure (ESRD) who require treatment. Of these patients alone, 9,00,000 patients will require dialysis, apart from the already existing patients.
- Only 2% of these patients can avail of dialysis treatment.
- Only 5% of these patients get transplanted.
- Less than 0.5% of these patients undergo peritoneal dialysis.
- The cost of dialysis per month could sometimes amount to the entire family income per month or even more than that.
- 1 out of every 3 girls and 1 out of every 5 boys will have a urinary tract infection before the age of 11 years.
- Diabetes is an important cause of kidney failure and diabetes is five times more common in the Asians when compared to the white population
- Almost 66% kidney failure occurs due to hypertension or diabetes.
- There are approximately 7.85 million people suffering from chronic kidney failure in India.
- In India 90% patients who suffer from kidney disease are not able to afford the cost of treatment.
About Kidney Health Camp:
Pace Hospitals is organizing Free Kidney Health Camp on the occasion of World Kidney Day on 12th March to raise awareness of the importance of our kidneys to our overall health and to reduce the frequency and impact of kidney disease and its associated health problems.
In the Free Kidney Health Camp PACE Hospitals offers Free kidney screening and Free consultation by by Dr. Shyam Varma – MS, Mch (Urology), Fellow Advanced Laparoscopic Urology and Renal Transplant (Uro-Care Foundation, Kochi & Aesculap, Germany) – Consultant Laparoscopic Urologist and Renal Transplant Surgeon and Dr. K Somnath Gupta – “DNB (Internal Medicine), MNAMS, MHSC (Diabetology)” Consultant Physician & Diabetologist valid till 31st March 2105.
Place: - PACE Hospitals, Near Begumpet Old Airport, Begumpet, Hyderabad
Date: - 12th March 2015