Patients who are prescribed medication by their Consultant Doctor can visit the Outpatient Pharmacy to get their prescription filled.
At our Outpatient Pharmacy, patients will be served by trained pharmacists who will counsel them on the proper use of the medicine, including the possible side effects and precautions to observe while on a particular medication. Patients can also get advice relating to their medicines, health supplements and other pharmaceuticals.
The Pharmacy Department provides a range of services at various sections:
Inpatient Pharmacy Services
- Review and supply of inpatient medication orders online and as per nurses’ indent
- Optimisation of inpatient medications to ensure the right medication is prescribed for the right patient at the right dosing regimen, and that drug interactions and side-effects are identified and monitored
- Specialised services/counselling for patients in areas such as asthma, anticoagulation, cardiology, transplantation, renal medicine, critical care, infectious disease and haematology/oncology
- Dispensing of discharge prescriptions
- Medication dispensing and patient counselling
- Specialised services – Anticoagulation, Asthma and Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Counselling and Medication Management Service (MMS)
- Pharmacy Home Delivery Service
The Department of Pathology offers a comprehensive range of laboratory tests for diagnosis, management and prevention of a wide variety of diseases. The professional staff are experienced in advising on the interpretation of test results pertaining to conditions such as metabolic disorders, cancers and infectious diseases.