At PACE Hospitals, the pursuit of excellence and innovation is not a mere goal, but a collaborative effort focused on enhancing and strengthening the health care needs of our patients. In improving people’s lives, we are consistently striving for distinction in clinical care. Today, patients from several parts of the world come to us to seek the expertise of specialty physicians and their expert guidance on the most up to date, proven treatments and procedures. The medical and nursing teams at PACE are supported by a competent administration and a highly patient-focused Customer Care team to offer excellent services in line with international patient care standards.
We understand that seeking medical treatment overseas can be a physically and emotionally exhausting experience. The International Patients Department at PACE Hospitals thus strives to ensure that you not only feel at home and get the best possible treatment but also go back to your country in perfect health.
Patients ought to be aware of certain general guidelines before making a trip abroad for medical purposes. As a medical tourist traveling to India, it is imperative for you to note certain important pointers – especially if you are traveling to India for the first time. Planning your medical visit must include the following:
- Find out from a qualified medical professional if you are fit enough to travel overseas and can fly long distance flights.
- Once you decide to continue your treatment abroad, keep your local doctor informed so that you can continue your follow up treatment without a hitch.
- When selecting an international hospital that is right for your needs, you should consider the hospital’s accreditation, awards, and recognitions, facility and equipment, etc.
- Seek and verify the credentials of the doctor who will treat you (their professional achievements, qualification, and credentials).
- Find out about the procedure and compare your expectations with what’s achievable by the treatment. Also enquire about follow-up care needed, the time essential for recovery and requirements for physical therapy, etc.
- The final call on the course of treatment can be made only after a personal meeting and interaction with the patient. Most premier hospitals in India do not guarantee any medical treatment without a personal examination which may include diagnostic tests (unless it is a very clear case or a procedure that is very commonplace and might not require a personal examination).
- In most cases, the final decisions on your treatment will only be made after the doctor meets you and examines you in person. It is possible that upon examining you, the doctor may decide that you are not fit for surgery and recommends a different line of treatment from what you originally planned.
- Your identification documents must always remain with you. Please ensure that you carry multiple copies of the same and keep the originals in a safe place while traveling. Always retain with you records like X-Rays, MRI’s, health histories, photographs, immunization records, prescriptions, and any other medical records relevant to the treatment/surgery. Remember to carry all these medical reports and any medicines earlier prescribed to you in your carry-on luggage.
- Passport and Visa: You will need a passport for yourself and your travel companion (if any). Depending on the country you are traveling from, you may or may not need a visa. Please check with your nearest Consulate.
- Credit Cards, Debit Cards, and Traveler's Checks: Please bring with you some local currency, traveler's checks and one or two major credit and debit cards to meet the expenses while abroad.
- Carry your driver’s license or any valid proof of identity and make sure it continues remaining valid during your stay in the new country.
- Understand the estimated cost of the treatment before committing to it.
- Seek references of real patients that you may know or do some research on the internet for testimonials written by them.
- Gain awareness of the procedure and set expectations for what is achievable by the overall treatment.
PACE Hospitals works extensively with its international patients to ensure that their travels are hassle-free and easy. However, patients ought to be vigilant and aware as well. PACE Hospitals has a dedicated desk available to understand and address all queries of the international patients. Given that an international patient has a widely different set of requirements and expectations, we try to personalize our services and treatments to suit their varied needs. As you make your first inquiry with PACE Hospitals, our dedicated International Patients’ Team will begin to work with you on all aspects of your treatment plan - from booking a doctors’ appointment to planning your travel, stay and visa arrangements. Our assistance is comprehensive and end-to-end. Apart from the logistical support to help you travel to and from India during the period of your stay –our highly accomplished physician specialists and caring clinical staff will provide you with an optimum experience in your journey towards recovery.
From its Bidri Crafts, Kalamkaris, Pearls, Biriyanis, Irani Cafes, Bangles and Attars to the Charminar, Golconda, Salar Jung Museum and the largest monolith statue of the Buddha in the world at Hussainsagar Lake; Hyderabad captivates and enthralls many. We also love this city for its amazing, fun people and their quirky conversations. We think you will, too! Explore more of Hyderabad here, here and here